Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Living Room & Foyer

It's time for my monthly home post! If you missed last month's Kitchen Debut just click the link and check it out! The featured room this month is the living room and I added in the foyer since it's such a small area of the house. (Forewarning: this may seem like an ad for TJ Maxx)

This living room has already shared many movie nights, just dance competitions, game nights, fireside sitting, book reading, music listening, and halo playing--needless to say, it's a well used room!
 Above the entertainment center we have 3 Gary Walters paintings, 1 original and 2 prints. I absolutely love his work. Our entertainment center was a lucky find and we love the way it's all come together. Since I love my husband so much, we just added those huge speakers ;)

Some of my favorite items on those shelves: my One Tree Hill Series, my Harry Potter movies, 
 Our "Must See Mississippi" book, our candle holder that was a gift from Mary Claire that she got on one of her mission trips to Peru. It is from Parish Woodshop which is a part of Peru Missions. 
Our "Ellis Family Bible" that was purchased for our wedding reception. We had all of the guests underline their favorite verses and put their names out beside it to share with us. It is something that we will treasure forever! 

I didn't actually know it was possible to love a mantle until I decorated this bad boy for Christmas. But, even without all of the Christmas decorations, I love it all the same. 
 I can't thank Melissa enough for our amazing engagement gift--our window framed picture. It not only looked awesome, but looked even more awesome hanging above the mantle! You're the bomb. 
 The lantern is a piece that was purchased for our wedding, now adorning our mantle. I got my "E" (which is made from an older Reader's Digest) from Anthropologie and if you know me at all, you know my nerd alert went off when I found that gem! 
 Our vase was a wedding gift, along with our sweet little angel from the Mustard Seed. I found the old clock, which doesn't work, at Repeat Street--a really awesome consignment shop.  
 This chair. Y'all. This chair is amazing. It's huge, it's comfy, it reclines, we both fit in it, what more could a newly wed couple ask for? Most all of our pillows (and curtains) were found at TJ Maxx. Our Mr. & Mrs. pillow was a gift!
The newest addition to the house, this new lamp! I felt like I struck gold when I found it today. If you are at all interested in getting your pictures turned into photo books (like we did with our wedding photos) do it through WinkFlash--user friendly, great products, everything is customizable, quick shipping, and they usually have some sort of great deal going on. 
Our painting is what we purchased when we got engaged in New Orleans (almost 1 year ago!)--our engagement gift from my parents :) When Jason and I got married, I was so thankful he had this couch. I LOVE couches like this. Pillows, all from TJ Maxx. Lamp, TJ Maxx. I'm telling y'all TJ Maxx is the place to go. 

Hands down, one of the coolest, most thoughtful gifts that we have ever gotten. Jason's mom (who I already mentioned is ever so talented) MADE THIS FOR US! Hand cut the glass, painted the tray, drew out the picture. I teared up when she gave it to us. We will forever treasure this sweet gift. 
And finally, the little foyer. Curtains, from TJ Maxx, to cover the windows. Our sunflower painting Jason's mom did for him on his birthday the year we met (he knew I loved sunflowers--one of the many, many reasons I love that man!) Then we have "the ugly table" which I acquired through some of my mom's previous real estate clients who gave the table it's name--I loved it and they were happy to give it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment