Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring Break Week

It was a crazy week leading up to our spring break--traveling to Homewood, Alabama for my cousin's wedding and then traveling to Auburn, Alabama for my Grandfather's funeral and not to mention to usual work days on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Needless to say, we were MORE THAN READY for this week long break. 

Our plans: to do little to nothing...and that my friends, is exactly what we did! 
We spent the week enjoying the weather, enjoying time friends and family, and enjoying spending time with one another.

This year, Spring Break is documented through the following pictures! Everyday things that we did throughout the week. 
This is an amazing beer. We got in while in Auburn from a coffee shop (of all places) called Overalls. Now, we are on a mission to find a 6 pack of it around our neck of the woods. 
I never, ever get tired of this sight.
Mom, Mary Claire and I got pedicures to kick off the week! 
Loved getting to lounge around in the mornings and read with this handsome man
We ended up selling Jason's car, which is something we have talked about doing for a while now. Since we work together, we ride together and figured now was best a time as any!
 a little "craft" we were working on Tuesday
My AWESOME new coffee mug from Stella & Co. It's a piece from "Fingerprint Pottery" --check out their website, they have BEAUTIFUL pieces--and if you are interested in this mug (and can't get it locally) you can order them from their online catalog!
We were running out of mug space in the cabinet (I might be a little obsessed) and Jason had the wonderful idea to house the mugs under our coffee station.
 speaking of coffee--we tried our first "latte art". Come to find out, we definitely need some practice but I promise to perfect it!

I was able to have dinner with some of the girls on Wednesday night, which was way overdue! It's always so fun getting together and catching up with everyone.

Thursday, Jason and I took a day trip to my old stomping grounds, Starkville.  Our craft we were working on Tuesday, is now permanently on our bodies forever. My writing on Jason's arm and his on mine. It's a verse that comes from Matthew 19:6 and was said at our wedding right before we were pronounced man and wife for the first time!

and...when in Starkville, you have to go to Dave's.

Friday, Mom, Mary Claire and I had a girls day! It was full of good eats and bumming around the town--it's what we do best!


 One of the MANY reasons that Anthropologie is my favorite store. They do the COOLEST STUFF. Dried oranges, real dried oranges, made into a chandelier!
Nothing says spring like a wall full of Strawberry Abita.

With all that being said, we have had a wonderful week. But let's get down to what I love most about spring break week and what I know, without a doubt, I will ALWAYS love most about this week. Today, March 14th, marked exactly 1 year since Jason asked me to marry him. That sweet day in New Orleans is still one of the best days of my life! If you don't know our engagement story, and you want to read it go here. I can honestly say that I love Jason Ellis more today that I did one year ago--marriage will do that to you ;) 365 days of walking through this side of life with Jason and I've already learned so much about serving one another through love and what that truly means--and I am far from being even mediocre at it, but I am learning! I am so excited to see what each of the following years brings to us. God has been so good and we have seen His hand through our entire relationship and for that alone, we are so thankful and so blessed. May we always keep Him at the center, may we always seek to love Him more so that we can love one another even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment