Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Kitchen Debut

I was going to do a monthly post about rooms, but I am too excited and can't wait. 
The kitchen is one of the first rooms that was fully put together (possibly because it's used the most) But I'll be the first to say. I love our kitchen! It's the only room in the house that we left the color the owner had the walls. I am a sucker for a good green color. Naturally, I fell in love!

I want to give credit where credit is due in these "house posts" because we've been really blessed with our "findings" and things are coming together exactly how I wanted them to! Happy wife. House decorating is definitely serving as my creative outlet for the time being. 

Our kitchen. When I started thinking about what I wanted our kitchen to be like--I just knew I didn't want it to "match". That's why I decided to go with 2 different place settings from Anthropologie of our dishes and why I never told anyone our "color scheme"--I want things with character. Things with meaning! And...anything Anthropologie :) I have LOVED how its turned out!
Our little "bar" area was featured in the last post--it's really what sparked my new "series"
All the lovely adornings were wedding gifts. 
Our painting was done by Jason's ever-so-talented mother. She is such a wonderful artist and I am so proud to have her work hanging in our house! Not to mention, it matched the room perfectly! 
My favorite curtains in the house. Sheer. Cream. Lines of lace on them. Bed Bath and Beyond DELIVERED on these curtains. I was like a kid in a candy shop when I found them.They are perfect (in my eyes)! Our table was a STEAL we found on Craigslist. I love the design on the chairs--it also came with a leaf and 2 more chairs. 
 Mary Claire really helped me complete the kitchen when she brought me these bad boys back from Peru! I LOVE our place mats. Our sweet little salt and pepper shakers from the Mustard Seed
 We got our AWESOME refrigerator for a wonderful deal--which makes it even better than we thought it was before we bought it! One of my favorite pieces, our Emmett Pottery pitcher that's holding all of our wooden spoons. If you've never seen some of Emmett Collier's Pottery--you are MISSING OUT!
These were gifts from my mom (the outer 2) and from my sister (the middle one)--Anthropologie and TJ Maxx. 
 I love this view. You can see our "fruit basket" which my mom gave us that was in her house growing up. Our cute canisters from Anthropologie. Our awesome Ninja Blender. 
 This was the first bit of decorating I did in our kitchen and it still serves as one of my favorite things. I've been collecting those Penguin Classic Hardcover Books for the past few years--always knowing I wanted to use them for decoration. Our "ellis" mugs are from Anthropologie. A sweet church member made us our cross. I love this little nook. 
and last but not least--our bit of New Orleans! We got this set on our honeymoon and I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment