Sunday, March 23, 2014

Primal Hot Cereal

With the dreaded allergen season among us, Jason and I spent the day inside yesterday.
I've never had to deal with allergies, in any shape, form, or fashion (thankfully) so I can't even scratch the surface on understanding how Jason feels and how it effects him. But, nonetheless, I spent yesterday with my man acting like someone with really bad allergies who needed a relaxing, lounge day and it was awesome.
Primal Hot Cereal is one of our favorite primal breakfast meals. From what I can gather, it replaces oatmeal (which I love with a big blob of butter and brown sugar) but, this really does satisfy the craving. It's a pretty filling meal and packed with protein and a lot of healthy fats.
This version contains no grains but tastes so yummy!

What you need:
1/2 cup of almonds, whole or slivered
1/2 pecans
1/2 banana (we use a whole banana)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (more to taste if you want it runny-we use coconut milk because we buy these large containers of it)
1 egg (optional) I've put the egg in there once and couldn't tell a difference.

What you do:
Pulse all ingredients in a food processor or blender until desired consistency is reached.
Depending on your preference, it can be smooth and creamy or chunky (we like it chunky)
Warm the cereal in the microwave (about 30 seconds) or on the stove until hot.
Add fresh berries and more almond or coconut milk to taste.
I also personally add a spoonful of honey to mine as well.

This recipe comes from Mark Sisson's "Primal Blueprint Quick & Easy Meals"

Let me know what you think if you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment