Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Summer Project

Well guys, my book shelf dream has finally come true.
As silly as that sounds, I am so happy and so proud! 

Today, Jason and I went over to Mr. Harry's workshop and made our wedding doors into a bookshelf for our house. This is something I've been wanting to do since we got back from our honeymoon and we finally found the time this week! 
 The moment my mom bought those doors for our wedding, we knew we wanted them in our house somewhere, in some shape, form, or fashion. 

Mr. Harry, or Grandpa as I like to call him, was gracious enough to let us invade his workshop and use all of his tools. He was so incredibly helpful and served as the best supervisor we could have asked for. 
 Let me be the first to say how amazing my husband was today (and every other day) while making our bookshelf. 
I was so proud the whole time! He did awesome. 

 I love this man and his wife so dearly--thank y'all so much for being so wonderful! We really enjoyed our day with y'all!




 The final product!
It's huge and there's so much space for more and more books (cue the hallelujah chorus)
To say I love it would be quite the understatement. 
I can't stop walking in that room and looking at it! I'm so happy that all of my books have a home now (that's so incredibly beautiful) and not to mention what a special gem this will be in our household forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment