Sunday, February 9, 2014

A birthday, banquets, & baby.

We had a pretty packed weekend--which is making me appreciate this down time I have right now to write this post. 

Thursday night we got to celebrate Mary Claire and her 22nd birthday! 
We started the night with some delicious food at Jaco's Tacos and ended it with a surprise gift for the birthday girl--a Canon Rebel! There's a total Griswold moment that goes with the camera shopping day that I had with mom--but I'll save that story for a rainy day. 
My goodness! I don't even know if I can find the right words for this sister of mine. This girl, this woman, is astounding. I am so thankful for the woman that you have become Mary Claire Jussely! Who would have thought that within the past nine(ish) years we would have gotten so close. So many laughs, songs, One Tree Hill nights, phone calls, Griswold moments, runs, all of these things and many more are such sweet memories that have made for a pretty beautiful friendship. God has shaped and molded you into such a strong, passionate, fiercely in love with Him woman and it has been a joy to watch it and to be a part of it. Your faith is, unshakable. Your desire is contagious. Your heart for missions and the people of the world is inspiring. There is so much about you that I admire. Thank you for sharing your life with me. I love you, Scary Mary! 
This man, life is so much more fun with this man. 

Friday night, My sweet Dad took me to the Father/Daughter Valentine Banquet that was at the church. Another night in the books for me and Papa Steve! You're never too old for a date with your Dad. Thank you for inviting me Dad!
Jason and I woke up early Saturday morning so we could beat the crowd at the BRAND NEW Whole Foods that just opened here in Jackson (cue the Hallelujah chorus)! We have been waiting and we were NOT disappointed! The Whole Foods was beautiful--and had some pretty amazing stuff. Needless to say, we did not walk away empty handed ;) I think it made the cut onto our usual "Saturday Morning Schedule" 
After we finished up our shopping, I made my way to another celebration for the Day's--the Gender Reveal Party for "Little Baby Day". 



We are now in our fourteenth year of friendship and we've now both become teachers, been in each others weddings, and now you are having a baby! 
 They did their reveal in such a fun way. The color paint in the balloons revealed the gender--the hard part, actually popping the balloons! 
IT'S A GIRL! 
We all knew it, we were on the "bow" team the whole time! 
Congrats to these soon to be parents! So exciting! 

What better way to end your Saturday than with Pho from Saigon and going to see Frozen?--which was SUCH A GREAT MOVIE! As Jason said, we felt like Disney went back to their musical roots with this one. 
The big happening for today?
Jason became a member of our church, Lakeland Presbyterian. 
I am so incredibly blessed and so happy to have stood by my husband's side as we joined as a new family unit today. It was a sweet day and I am so excited to see what The Lord brings to us through serving in the church and through our church family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment