Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day as a Mrs.

My first Valentine's Day as a Mrs. and it couldn't have been any better!
I started off the day at work and was welcomed with the hype from all the kids for our Valentine's Day parties. You would have thought it was Christmas Day and not Valentines! I love experiencing these holidays with my students. It really brings back the excitement and wonder that we all felt when we were children. It's a little blessing that I am very thankful for as a teacher. We had all kinds of "bad for you" goodies. My contribution? These Strawberry Cake Batter Cookies!
Strawberry Cake Batter Cookies: (recipe taken from Pinterest here)
1 Strawberry Cake Mix Package
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (can use vegetable oil)
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
You can make these with ANY cake batter of your liking! They are awesome and took me about 10 minutes to make. 

Jason and I dubbed our Valentine's Day "electronic free" (besides using my phone to take the following pictures)--and it was so nice. No distractions, no keeping up with people, no internet browsing, game playing, just focusing on my husband and our relationship. 
Cheers to being "electronic free"!
 We went to eat at our favorite authentic Mexican restaurant, Los Portales. This little gem can be found on Old Canton Road and it is delicious! It has such a laid back atmosphere--we were literally the only people there (other than the people who work there). Not to mention, if you need to brush up on your Spanish, this is the place to be--Jason and I had to do a lot of pointing at our menu. 
 The sky last night was so, interesting. 
My Valentine's Happy--FINALLY getting my new last name added to my bible. I am more excited about that than I can express to you! My sweet man also got me "Then Sings My Soul"--that was mentioned in my last post that has some of the most well known hymns and the stories behind them. I can't wait to read through it! 

My first Valentine's Day as a Mrs. was one for the books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment