Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Halfway Mark

On Friday Jason and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary (I can't believe it's already been half of a year)--183 days of marriage and many more to come! As silly as it sounds, it feels like we just got married last weekend. What a joyous weekend that was! I would be lying if I told you I didn't look at our pictures that often! We celebrated by having somewhat of a low key afternoon/night. We went and got frozen yogurt from this awesome place in Madison, Menchies (it really is superior to other frozen yogurt places--silly, I know) and saw the new X-Men: Days of Future Past, had one of our favorites-Chickfila, and then lo and behold we came home and watched another movie! This one was one that I've been wanting to see, Percy Jackson Lightening Thief. 

Time for a little recap on some of the fun things we've experienced as a married couple for the past 6 months:
 This day, best day of my life
 Still my favorite thing we did on our honeymoon

 Our first Thanksgiving together, on our cruise ship
Our Christmas Tree
 Jason's first trip to Canton to see the lights downtown
 Hosting our first "big family" event--having everyone over for gumbo. I would be lying to you if I said I didn't have to look up how to set the table correctly. I will learn!
 Jason's first time to venture over to the Smith-Frazier-Jussely Family Christmas
Ringing in 2014 with my handsome hubby
 Just Dance, this is how we ended our New Years
 Our first snow day together
 Our Mexican Valentine's Day 
 Easter Sunday Brunch at the church
 Our first really long road trip together--to Atlanta for my cousin's wedding
 My brother's engagement!
 and two of our best friend's engagement!

And that's only what I've caught on camera.
The many, many meals we've cooked (Jason mainly, but I am learning!) I'm in the breakfast/dessert making department
Decorating our house
The countless movies we've watched
Lost, House, How I Met Your Mother--just a few of the TV seasons we've completed
Game nights with our best friends
The honor of being in or going to our friends weddings
A few road trips
Being halfway through reading the bible in 1 year
Half a year of teaching at the same school as a married couple (which is super sweet and good for my soul to see his handsome face throughout the day!)

183 precious, precious days. 
We are so thankful to God and for His many blessings He's given us during these 6 short months!

No comments:

Post a Comment