Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Off She Goes

This morning my dear, sweet sister hopped on her plane to begin her mission trip for the next 2 months (she will be interning with Mission to the World and will be in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia). But, not before having a farewell/Memorial Day dinner with the family last night. 
It was then I got to surprise her with my little...task...I've been working on the past 4 days. 
36 letters, in unmarked envelopes (so that she will not know who they are from) from various friends and family who love her very much. I knew there would be times when encouragement was needed and that's what these letters were all about! We also printed her off some pictures to have with her while gone as well. 2 months is a long time without the people you love the most! 
Thank you to everyone who helped me out and wrote a letter to Mary Claire! You will brighten one or more of her days while she's gone! Y'all are awesome. 

Mary Claire is planning to blog while she's in Ethiopia (when wi-fi allows) so if you are interested in keeping up with her check out her blog (here). Also, I ask that you join with me in prayer (traveling, health, teammates, leaders, translators, rest, and much, much more) for her as she's gone spreading the love and the word of God to the people of Addis Ababa. 

We love you Mary Claire and can't wait to hear how the Lord uses you in Ethiopia. 

Go and do great things in His Name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment