Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Days

We had such a great Christmas--and few days leading up to! 
On the 23rd Jason and I had our families and Mrs. Carolyn over for some gumbo!
My man can cook some gumbo, let me tell you--it was a treat. 

It was so much fun hosting our first dinner party (for more than 4 people). 
It went so well and really helped us kick start the Christmas holidays! 
First time to use our dishes for guests!
Mom and Mrs. Carolyn 
My heart, my love, my husband
I love the sun peeking through the windows
On Christmas Eve, Jason and I spend the day watching the Star Wars movies for the first time ever, for me! Jason is such a proud husband and I feel like a true part of society! 
That night, we went to the Christmas Eve Communion Service at the church--which I can't think of a better way to spend the day before we celebrate the birth of Jesus. 
After the service, we headed over to Jason's parent's house to exchange gifts with them. 
We always love spending time with them :)
My awesome mug with photos from our wedding Photo Booth and MSU sock monkey! 
On Christmas morning, we went over to my parents house and opened gifts with them and had breakfast before we made our way to Auburn for the next 3 days! 

This sweet little baby!
My handsome husband in his awesome new sweater from his mom! 
Stocking stuffers, all piled up.  
Yeah, we got a weed eater/edger--that we were pumped about! 

Our awesome new Xbox1! We were pumped! 
Mom with her Emmett Soup Mugs from us! 
If you're a family friend of the Jussely's then you know that we call ourselves The Griswold's and here's proof for you all--My mother always tells us to keep our bows and boxes when we open gifts and we discovered this Christmas that we still have a McRAE'S box going through the box cycle! Belk has now been around since 2006, this box is AT LEAST 7 years, if not longer. 
Griswold. 
After we had breakfast and opened gifts we all packed up and got ready to head to Auburn to spend time with the Smith side of the family! Something we do every Christmas and I was so excited for Jason to have his first experience! 
Mary Claire and Grandaddy
Cliche' Christmas Tree picture--but my man was just looking so good ;) 
My sweet grandparents, whom I am so thankful we were able to spend Christmas with!
Mom's awesome Mississippi towel! 
Griswold's--I told you. 
I always love their Christmas tree
Our wedding ornament  
So thankful for each and every one of these people. Family is such a sweet, sweet blessing from the Lord and we had a wonderful time embracing that this Christmas 
It's not a Smith Family Christmas without Shulbock
 In the midst of all the family, traveling, gifts, decorations, food and excitement it was really sweet to sit back and remember what Christmas truly is about. 
Jesus, coming and reconciling His people to Himself. Making Himself man to where He could save us all. When you think about the magnitude of that, well--it's mind-blowing, and so humbling. 

"And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavily host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!"

We hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas filled with many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment