Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014, Here we come

I have really been pondering what I wanted to do for our New Year's Post--and I finally decided that I didn't want to spend it sharing our hopes, goals, and resolutions for 2014, but rather sharing with you all what a blessing 2013 was and all the awesome opportunities and happenings that God gave us this past year. 

So, here comes a picture from each month of 2013--
my first full year with Jason (2 months of it as his wife)! 

JANUARY:
My first New Years Eve with my man
We spent New Years Eve in Hattiesburg--having spicy coconut soup, margaritas, and going out dancing. 
Surprised Jason with tickets to see "Blue Man Group"--it was AWESOME!
 FEBRUARY:
Our first Valentine's Day--where he surprised me with Drew Holcomb and The Neighbor's tickets! Amazing concert!
The first time we heard "our song" sung live ;) 
 MARCH:
We got engaged in New Orleans! Such an amazing, wonderful surprise. I still to this day can't believe how surprised I was and how perfect the day was!
 APRIL:
We closed on our house--that become a home when I finally got to move in 6 months later!
MAY:
Jason attended his first "full family" event with The Jussely's. 
My cousin Alex's wedding!
It was such a fun weekend. 

JUNE:
I spent the month of June interning with Joni & Friends and their international disability center--I learned so much from these people and the experiences I gained. 


JULY: 
We went with our youth group at Lakeland as chaperones for RYM--it was an awesome week!
AUGUST:
Our first official engagement party! 
The perfect way to start off the following months full of wedding festivities!


 SEPTEMBER:
Had the privilege of making a road trip to Memphis for one of my best friend's weddings! 

OCTOBER:
Began the tradition of the 1st annual BYOB&P


 NOVEMBER:
Our favorite month---the month we were finally married!!!!! 
and went on our honeymoon

and had our first Thanksgiving together while on our honeymoon cruise!
 DECEMBER:
Our first Christmas together as a married couple--and Jason's first Christmas spent in Auburn

I can honestly say, we couldn't have asked for a better year. 
These are some huge events and we have only continually seen just how blessed we are and it has made us more and more thankful as the days have passed!

Our hopes for 2014 are to see God's hands in all things that happen--that we will continually praise His name and see His love and grace towards us as we take on these next 365 days. 
May we continue to strive to advance His kingdom and bring glory to His name in all that we do. 

Praise God from whom ALL blessing flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment