Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Griswold Family Christmas

Jason and I just returned from our annual trip to Auburn for Christmas with Mom's side of the family. 
I so love the tradition of this trip. I love getting to see everyone, spending time catching up, so much laughing, and a lot of good food and fun. 


 My cousins, Alex & Clay, are expecting their first baby. They found out the gender right before Christmas and if you know my Mom, you know she likes to make things fun. She put together this simple, fun, family gender reveal for all the family members to find out what they were having. We can't wait for Baby R to join us for next year's Griswold Family Christmas!






We have had the best few days. 
On Christmas Eve, we were able to attend the Christmas Eve Communion Service at church. 
Then, we went back to my parent's house to have an amazing dinner with them, Aaron & Blair. 
Early the next morning, we headed back to their house to spend Christmas morning with them, Mary Claire, and Grant too. We had a beautiful, delicious breakfast and spent time giving gifts to one another. Something special about this Christmas was that it fell on a Sunday. It was so neat being at church on this special day. 














I also want to share with you all some of the pictures from school leading up to Christmas break. It is so much fun being a teacher during the holidays. The excitement the children have is contagious and everyone just seems, happier. It really is a privilege. 


Some other favorite things from this season include:
Christmas decorations, my favorite.  





 Christmas cards. 
I love sending out our Christmas card, but I love even more receiving everyone else's. 
Thank you to everyone who took the time to include Jason and I in your sweet families Christmas wishes. We cherish each and every one of them!

 Christmas cookies.
I helped one Saturday with our church's youth group. 
We spent the afternoon decorating cookies for those members in our church who cannot leave their homes. We also made cinnamon ornaments, ate some yummy snacks, and shared in some great fellowship. It was a successful & festive afternoon. 

Another thing that was special about this season is that Jason decided to sell his amazing cheesecakes. He ended up selling 6 of them! It was so much fun knowing that we were a tiny part of 6 different families Christmas holiday. Let me know if you ever need a cheesecake for any occasion! I promise, they are as delicious as they are beautiful. 
Praying that you all have a wonderful last few days in this year. 
May you each enjoy the rest of your Christmas Holidays and have a very Happy New Year!

Coming soon...my "Reads for 2016" post!
Until then, check out my previous reads from 2013, 2014, and 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment