Thursday, June 23, 2016

Order Up!

Guys. 
My first, full meal cooked all by myself. 
My hubby is a mean, mean beast when it comes to being in the kitchen (the good kind of beast). He can cook anything and it always turns out tasting amazing. 
Me on the other hand, I over salted oatmeal the first time I tried to make it by myself--let that sink in and give you an idea of what kind of cook I am. 

But, this week--I did it! 
Wifey accomplishment.
I've done single dishes before. But, never three things at once! I even timed them fairly close. 
I am a proud woman right now! 

I'm not sure I could have made it through without my Cupcake: Red Velvet Wine though ;)
I wanted to share the chicken & squash recipes with you all--they were really good & different. The green beans were just, nothing special, good ole' green beans.

Honey Sriracha Chicken topped with Crushed Pineapple
What you need:
3-4 chicken breasts
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium if you choose)
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sriracha (I did 2.5 because we love sriracha)
3 tablespoons water
can of crushed pineapple (soaked in pineapple juice)

What you do:
In a large ziplock bag add garlic, soy sauce, honey, sriracha and water.
Close and shake to combine.
Add in the chicken (I flattened the chicken before doing so--just preferential) and place in the refrigerator--let sit for an hour (when I made this, I didn't plan too well and wasn't able to marinade for an hour--mine only marinaded about 15 minutes and were still really, really good).
Take chicken out of the marinade and put it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I poured the marinade over the chicken on the sheet as well.
Top each piece of chicken with crushed pineapple--I did a good bit, but I love pineapple on chicken.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place in the oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.


This chicken was amazing--I can't wait to make it again when I actually marinade it the full suggested time.

Original recipe found here

Sage Butter Summer Squash with Dill Garnish
What you need: 
2 pounds Yellow Summer Squash
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
5 sage leaves (I didn't have leaves so I looked up a conversion to the ground sage and uses 1/8 tsp)
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (I didn't use fresh, I used dried)

salt
splashes of lemon

What you do:
Wash and chop the yellow squash into medallions.
Put a saute pan on the stove top burner at medium-high heat.
Add the butter and sage leaves.
Allow the sage leaves to infuse the melting butter for approximately 5 minutes, stirring on occasion to avoid frying the leaves (since I used the sound sage, I didn't do this. I just let the butter melt and then added in the sage to have it mix well).
Add the chopped garlic and yellow squash to the saute pan.
Mix the ingredients to incorporate butter, garlic and squash.
Saute and cook until soft, approximately 10 minutes (fairly sure I cooked mine closer to 15 mins).
Once cooked, sprinkle on the fresh chopped dill, season with salt to taste and, if desired, sprinkle on juice from a fresh lemon.
Mix and serve.

Original recipe found here

Oh and don't worry, the green beans were really good too--but they were just simple, yummy, fresh green beans!

Happy Eating to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment