Saturday, October 18, 2014

Happenings

I welcomed this weekend with open arms. 
We had the craziest/busiest week at school. 

Professional Development (with information overload) all day on Monday.
Our jam-packed day ended on a good note though--we celebrated Jason's birthday over at my parents house.  It was an evening full of good company, great food, and a lot of laughter. 
I am quite thankful I got to celebrate my man's birthday for four days rather than just one--he deserves it!
We had Parent-Teacher conferences all day on Tuesday. 

Then on Wednesday, my class took their first field trip of the year--which was so much fun! We went to the TOPSoccer Jamboree and it was a blast. Each child gets a t-shirt, a soccer ball, and a medal--all  for free! To top it all off, while at the Jamboree, each child is paired with a "buddy" (high school student) and let me just tell you--they EAT. IT. UP. Both the buddies and the kiddos.  It's good for a Special Education Teacher's heart to see people love their kids like they do.  I think it's the best program. I wish I could share with you all 250 of our pictures from that day! 

I had a girls night on Thursday with my mom and sister--which is always a welcomed happening. 

Friday, we had our first taste of Jacktoberfest, held in downtown Jackson, with Melissa and Ian. 
 I never get tired of looking at that face!
We ended the night kicking some butt in spades ;)

Today, we have the privilege of attending Dustin and Hannah's wedding. 
It was such a sweet, beautiful wedding. 
I shed a few tears. 

It's always such a sweet reminder to see others entering into the covenant of marriage. 
I never tire of hearing people say their vows and reciting them over in my head and remembering our wedding day. God is so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment