Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Updates at the 422

With Snow Days--comes time for updated house pictures! 
Since I've been in the house for 2 months now, we've had some updates and FINALLY have some progress in all of the rooms in the house. 

As you may have read in our previous post "Honey Do's" we've done a lot to the house since buying it back in April. But, I have a feeling it's going to take years to get it "just how I like it" but you know, I'm up for that! Bring on the years of "house perfecting"
Our bedroom--we love our bedspread from Anthropologie--"Fleeting Moments"
We found Jason's bedside table at HomeGoods. The newest addition is our painting from Mrs. Eleanor Hughes...that I think is breathtaking! 
We found this gem at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and it filled the space behind our door perfectly! It's also perfect for storing all kinds of goodies!
After searching high and low for a matching bedside table to Jason's (with no luck might I add)--we ended up finding this amazing one at HomeGoods on one of our many trips there. I LOVE IT--and I love how it matches the floor in our room. Our painting to the right is what I brought Jason back when I went to Haiti. The lamp, which matched everything perfectly, came from World Market in Auburn. My sweet little, green birdie--that was a gift that my sister brought me back from Peru!
 The pictures above our TV were purchased in New Orleans on our "engagement trip". We ended up buying quite a few prints from this photographer so they are hung in various places in our house. These fit all too perfectly above the TV.  
This was one of my favorite wedding gifts we got-it's just our invitation framed. I think it's beautiful.
Our little kitchen storage/barish area is finally together and ready for use--coffee, wine, whichever you prefer ;)

 This poor little guest bathroom has been through so many changes. From the previous blog post, "Honey Do's" you could see the wallpaper that covered the walls and the beginning of our bathroom task. I had a different curtain in here as well and decided it was too bright and "adolescent" so my sweet husband gave me the okay to order and update the whole guest bathroom and I have LOVED how it's turned out. 
This picture has really...yellowed the room! It's much more "crisp and cleaner" looking that it seems. 
A church member, Ms. Linda Beatty did the pastel drawing of the sunflowers. They ended up matching the bathroom perfectly. 
 The guest bathroom is our first, FULLY completed room in the house.
It's just a coincidence that it's the smallest one too ;)
I am posting this one out of sheer motivation to finish this room! 
Say hello to the guest room. Today, we finally hung up the headboard/picture frame
This room is actually close to being done--I just need something to fill up that huge blank wall and my two dressers have to be re-done (hence why they didn't make the picture)!
My hope it to give you all monthly updates of "finishing touches" we are doing to the house. 
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment