Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Spirit Week

While the last full week of school leading up to Christmas Break was busy as ever, it was so much fun. Our school really put forth the effort to make the holidays feel fun and exciting for our students and to give them the opportunity to take part in some pretty fun days leading up to our Christmas Break. 

One of the best and sweetest parts of being a teacher is experiencing the holidays through a child's perspective. They get so excited over each and every aspect of it and it serves as a reminder of how much the little things make a big difference. 

That being said, Jason Ellis went ALL. OUT. this year for our festive days at school and the kids absolutely loved it. We had our tacky Christmas day (if you couldn't guess from the suit). 
The Grinch Day--yes, that's my Grinch under there! You can just call me Martha May Whovier. This was my favorite one because the kids didn't know if they should be scared or excited because honestly...look at that face mask. Sheesh! One of my students did the funniest thing once he came in the room and left. She looked at Mrs. B and I and said..."That Grinch made my legs ... (and proceeded to shake her knees back and forth)".  She spent the rest of the day on the lookout for him. She also told me she hoped he didn't eat me when we took our picture together. 

We also had a wear red day, wear green day, tacky socks and festive head gear day--unfortunately I don't have any pictures from those days without students in them but, you can imagine how cute they all looked. I was so excited because just about every day my students dressed up. It makes it that much more fun!

We also had our Winter Wonderland / Polar Express Day where we were all able to wear pajamas to school and had some fun activities planned for the day. Who doesn't love going to school in their pajamas? Of course I knew I had to have the pizza Christmas tree bottoms. Some of the coworkers on my hall set up a little coffee and festive treat bar and it kept us all caffeinated and sugared up all day. It's the little things! 

The last day we had half of a day and it was our Christmas sing-a-long and party day. We started the day with a virtual sing-a-long led by our music teacher and then went into our party. The kids feasted on their favorite treats as we packed their backpacks with all the crafts and goodies they had been working on. The best part of the day was Jason and Coach dressing up as the Elf on the Shelf. When I say Jason's been committed, he's been committed. He even shaved his face for this! I had so many people stick their head in my room and tell me they didn't even recognize him. 



Needless to say, these guys made the most of the day and stayed in character all. day. long. There were so many laughs shared and it was the best way to end the first half of the school year. 


We ended the day with my parents coming over and we enjoyed Pizza Shack pizza, libations, and Die Hard. It was the best way to kick off our Christmas break and I'm looking forward to some time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment