Sunday, December 27, 2020

Halloween & Thanksgiving (10/31) & (11/25-26)

I am trying to play catch up before the new year!
Although COVID is very real and present, there have still been some fun things happening work wise and church wise. We've had so many fun dress up days at school--trying to make this year as memorable and fun for the kiddos as we can. In a year full of uncertainty, it's nice having these "fun days" sprinkled in there. On Halloween, Jason and I dressed up as Pirates. The kids loved it and I have to be honest, we did too. Jason went all out and his costume looked SO GOOD! I think we've started a tradition. 
Then, that weekend, our church had their very first, socially distanced, trunk or treat. 
It was so much fun and I really think the kids loved it. 
Another excuse for us to dress up and finally, finally be the characters we've wanted to be for years...
Princess Buttercup and The Dread Pirate Roberts from The Princess Bride.
We were accompanied by The Aristocats & Garfield. 
A precious little unicorn
Some beach bums

Some of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
And, the PJ Masks crew (who definitely, saved the day)



As you wish.”⁣
“That day, she was amazed to discover that when he was saying "As you wish," what he meant was, "I love you." And even more amazing was the day she realized she truly loved him back.”⁣
What a fun evening being part of our very first trunk or treat at Lakeland Pres--I'd call it a success!
We also can't forget these two cuties that didn't come to trunk or treat but, definitely looked precious in their first ever Halloween costumes!

Fast forward another month, and it was already time for Thanksgiving Break. 
Ours was full of family time, friends, delicious food, and relaxation. 

We kicked off the week with a Friendsgiving, actually, my first one. 
We had the best time!

We then, spent Thanksgiving day with my family and as always, loved every second of it.
I am always so incredibly thankful that everyone in my family lives close by and that we get to see each other as often as we do. It's a sweet blessing that I try not to take for granted. 
The most delicious pomegranate-ginger paloma from Half Baked Harvest. 
You can find the recipe here. Keep in mind, her recipe is for one drink. I'll dig up my measurements for a large batch and update the post once I find it. 


A very, very happy Grando and Mimi with all their sweet grand babies. 



I ended my break with a girls brunch that slowly turned into a whole girls day. 
It was just what I needed to top off Thanksgiving Break
These little cutie doughnuts are from The Dapper Doughnut and if you haven't been yet, you need to go as soon as you can! They have such fun flavors and they are so cute and tiny. We've tried most all of their flavors at this point and we have yet to be disappointed!


I am incredibly thankful for lifelong friendships like with these ladies. We've been friends since elementary school and we've lived so much life together & it's one of life's sweetest blessings!

I think it's safe to say, I had so, so much to be thankful for this fall holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment