Friday, July 26, 2019

SURPRISE! 30th Birthday Party 7/13

A few weeks ago Mary Claire put together a surprise party for my 30th birthday and it was so. much. fun! What a perfect way to kick off a new decade!
We ate at Genna Benna's--which I had never been to before--and it was so good! 
The appetizers, the drinks, the entree's were all amazing. If you haven't been yet, you are most definitely missing out. The atmosphere is so neat and it's really quite the place for downtown Brandon. I also went down to The Gallows and another awesome place. 
The biggest surprise...Marcel! Unfortunately, he wasn't there just for me but, I like to think he was.
A local vet in our area has a pet monkey and lo and behold, he happened to be there that night and Marcel stole the show. 


This cake--That Special Touch always does an outstanding job and their strawberry cake is hands down, my favorite!







Love this family of mine

I told Mom at the end of the night that the only other time I've had a surprise party in my life was for my 15th birthday--how fitting that 15 years (what???) later I have another! 

It was a sweet surprise and I left feeling so special and loved. 

The week of my birthday we did some fun things to celebrate! 
 Mom & Dad took Jason & I out to lunch and for my favorite dessert--macarons!
Side note, the best macarons are at La Brioche in Fondern--they have so many fun flavors to choose from. My personal favorites are Earl Gray, Raspberry, and Watermelon. 

Then today, on my actual birthday Jason and I took it easy. 
We went to see Lion King (yes, it's so good)
Had some sweet visitors drop off cookies
Went to happy hour at Surin's for my favorite sushi 
and I got to see my best, little buddy and received the ultimate birthday hug!
People keep asking how it feels to be 30--and quite honestly, I am so excited about what's to come. 
My 20's were pretty darn good and so many sweet things happened during that decade. 
The Lord has been so incredibly good to me and I'm thankful for the life He's given me thus far!
A while back, one of my cousins posted about how their Mom sends them the Psalm that correlates with their age each year and that stuck with me. Since then, I've taken the time to read mine each year. So I'll end with this:

Psalm 30
I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up
    and have not let my foes rejoice over me.
 O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
    and you have healed me.
 O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol;
    you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.
 Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
    and give thanks to his holy name.
 For his anger is but for a moment,
    and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
    but joy comes with the morning.
 As for me, I said in my prosperity,
    “I shall never be moved.”
 By your favor, O Lord,
    you made my mountain stand strong;
you hid your face;
    I was dismayed.
 To you, O Lord, I cry,
    and to the Lord I plead for mercy:
 “What profit is there in my death,
    if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
    Will it tell of your faithfulness?
 Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me!
    O Lord, be my helper!”
 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    you have loosed my sackcloth
    and clothed me with gladness,
 that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
    O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment