Friday, January 26, 2018

Influenster (5) & (6)

I actually ended up getting these things pretty close together--like, within a month of each other--which has never happened before so, I'm going to share both of them!

First up, we have the Maybelline Python Metallic Lip Kit.
Yes, I know what you're thinking--and yes, I was thinking it too. 
Metallic lips--on a grown up--what the heck?
 They sent me the red duo and let me be honest with you--it wasn't all that metallic and I actually liked it. Once I saw how...tame it really was, I had fun with it. The metallic--lets call it, powder--was pretty mild and just gave the deep red a bit of a shimmer. I ended up wearing it out for New Years Eve and no one was craning their neck to take a look at my "metallic lips" so for me, that was a win. I  most likely won't buy myself another kit once I'm out but, I am definitely going to use this one that I received for free. 

Now, this next one I was SUPER pumped about. 
A full size, free bottle of Bare Minerals Made-2-Fit "fresh faced liquid foundation"...WITH MY NAME ON IT! Yes, personalized just for me...for free ($50 value).
I don't use liquid foundation. I found the powder I liked when I was in 7th grade and I've never used anything else--LOL. But, when Influenster offered this, I had to snag it. 
First off, you use an app on your phone to literally scan your face (skin tone) and they make a foundation color to match you. 
I didn't have high hopes that it would be an exact match because, come on, you're scanning your face using your phone. But, I was pleasantly surprised when mine came in. It was not the perfect match but it was pretty darn close. 
Also, giving the benefit of the doubt here,  because I don't have the right tools to apply liquid foundation--I just use my fingers/hands. Now that I know I like this stuff--you guys need to share with me what type of applicator tool I should use!

As always, if you're interested in hopping on the Influenster train and getting some free stuff check our their website here

No comments:

Post a Comment