Monday, January 1, 2018

Holiday Happenings

We've been out of school a little over a week now and I'm basking in the lack of schedule that I have!
Our last week of school and our first holiday week have been jam packed (with some pretty amazing things, might I add)
For my Advent reading this year, I followed Sally Lloyd-Jones plan using her Jesus Storybook Bible. 
After reading her assigned story, I would follow up by reading it in my bible. 
It was so easy to follow along with and the stories were so, so sweet. I highly suggest using her plan for your advent reading next year. 
We had such a fun time celebrating Anna-Miles & Matt getting married. This sweet couple has been together for years so this one was a long time coming. I love December weddings!

I finally gave in and subscribed to the Magnolia Record Club
If you want an easy, hassle-free way to grow your record collection, this is the way to go!
The website explains it all, very clearly. Give it a try and be sure to use my referral code if you sign up--6w2q9j

One of our long-time friends has taken a new job and is moving to Memphis.
We couldn't let her go without a congrats/farewell dinner.
We went to a new restaurant called Fine & Dandy--and it was just that.
It was a really neat atmosphere, really cool/unique drinks, and super tasty food.
Check out their website: here.

Another wedding weekend in December and this one was beautiful!


Congrats to Skylar and Chris!
I was given the fun opportunity to photograph the surprise engagement for this sweet couple!
I think it's obvious that she said yes ;)

Our beautiful, little niece, Ann Hatten was born--don't worry, she's getting a post all to herself--coming soon!
We had a super fun ornament & wine swap
I ended up with the COOLEST wine from 19 Crimes--if you ever see it, buy a bottle and get the app--you won't be disappointed! It's also a super tasty wine--I got the red blend. 

We made a day trip to the coast to see Cat & Coco and we had the best day!
We had a yummy lunch and went to the Walter Anderson museum

Christmas Eve this year fell on a Sunday
We went to church that morning and had our annual Christmas Eve Communion service that evening. 
It was the perfect way to prepare our hearts for Christmas Day. 

We made the annual road trip to Auburn for Christmas with Mom's family. 
I didn't get many pictures other than one of my favorite pizza & wine duo.
 Our last holiday hoorah was celebrating New Years Eve with Mom & Dad
I wanted Jason & them to try Fine & Dandy
It was just as tasty as the last time and we enjoyed a fun evening ringing in 2018!


No comments:

Post a Comment