Sunday, September 24, 2017

What I'm Loving Right Now (12)

It's been quite some time since I've done one of these and there's quite a lot of goodness going on right now that I want to share with you all!
First and foremost, Jason and I celebrated our 5 year "first-date-aversary"!
5 years ago, my first year of teaching, I had a very challenging student and it had been one of those days--the most "one of those days" I had had since I started teaching.

My handsome coworker was checking in on me because he knew the kind of day I had and he decided to remedy that by asking me to dinner and drinks. I guess you could say the dinner was successful because a mere 1 month later we were officially dating, 5 months after that we were engaged and add another 8 months and we were married. Things were fast and furious and it's so fun to look back and reminisce on the beginning of our relationship.


Over Labor Day weekend Mom and I made a trip to Auburn to visit our newest little family member, Logan. He's the sweetest little guy and Mom and I had the best time spending time with family.


Watermelon Perrier--we love some sparkling water and this one tops the charts. It is SO GOOD and our fridge is currently stocked. 


 My new class--I have the sweetest, best class this year. Each of them are funny, they are willing to work, we are seeing small successes already, they are wonderful. Having a smaller class size has been so amazing and I feel like this year will continue to be awesome!


In relation to my students and the new school year, I am officially under $1,000 needed for my EdMark Reading DonorsChoose Project! Take a minute, click on this link (here) and read about my project. I am so thankful to each of the 25 donors that have given thus far, those that have shared my Facebook status to get the word out, and those that have asked me for updates. I am hopeful that it will get fully funded and we will have this awesome program to use for many, many years to come! 


Big Bang--Jason and I LOVE THIS SHOW. We flew through it (all 10 seasons) and are so excited for Monday and the start of season 11! I feel like Sheldon and I could be best friends, seriously. 


Noonday--I love this stuff! They sell all types of jewelry and accessories. Mom and I hosted a show in August and it was so much fun and we earned all kinds of goodies! Take a look at my friend Lisa's site (here) and see what all the fuss is about! You won't regret it. Not only is everything super cool and unique, they say "To make a difference in some of the world's most vulnerable communities, we partner with Artisan Businesses that share our passion for building a flourishing world. We develop these businesses through fair trade, empowering them to grow sustainably and to create dignified jobs for people who need them."


 Unexpected visits from life-long friends--Hurricane Irma brought some welcomed visitors our way! Always love seeing & catching up with the Jernigan crew. Thankful you guys are safe and that all is well!


These crazy-beautiful skies I've been seeing--both dusk and dawn. I love this time of year!



This cross stitch that I did for my Mom! 
I was more than happy to help her complete their newly renovated bathroom with one of these letters. 

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment