Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Night with Lauren Daigle

Jason and I, along with my parents have the privilege to attend Lauren Daigle's concert last Thursday evening. It was SO AMAZING! I absolutely love her music--it happened to be what really helped me get through our time of "puppy sadness"--I would find myself listening to her songs on the way to work, pouring tears over the fact that yes, we only lost our puppy but that He cares about my heartache and my sadness no matter what it is connected to. He gently reminded me of that through her music and it so ministered to my heart, just as I needed it to. There's just so much truth, hope, and goodness in her lyrics and those lyrics paired with her amazing voice--you can only imagine how great the evening was. 
Dad and I got VIP tickets while Mom and Jason had premiere tickets so we all go to sit in on a Q&A with Lauren before the show and then Dad and I got a chance to meet her. It was such a cool night and I am so thankful for the opportunity! 
I honestly wanted her to sing every song off of her album, but I know there wasn't time for that. But really, I would have stayed all night. 

Here are a few video clips from the night.
I love being in a room, full of people, all singing their hearts out to Jesus.

"Once and for All"
There is victory in my Savior's loss
And in the crimson flowing from the cross
Pour over me, pour over me
O let this be where I die
My Lord with thee crucified
Be lifted high as my kingdoms fall
Once and for all, once and for all
"O'Lord"
Though times it seems
Like I'm coming undone
This walk can often feel lonely
No matter what until this race is won
I will stand my ground where hope can be found
I will stand my ground where hope can be found
Oh, O'Lord O'Lord I know You hear my cry
Your love is lifting me above all the lies
No matter what I face this I know in time
You'll take all that is wrong and make it right
You'll take all that is wrong and make it right

The following two are "How Can It Be"
You plead my cause
You right my wrongs
You break my chains
You overcome
You gave Your life
To give me mine
You say that I am free
How can it be


Again, what a night. 
So very thankful for this woman and her God-given talent and her desire to glorify Him through her music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment