Thursday, July 21, 2016

Facelift for the 422

Out of all of the house projects we've done--this one has been my favorite thus far. 
I think it's due to the fact that it changed the entire look of the house...for the better. 
I love color and I love neat, different things. 
I've been wanting to change the color of our shutters for a while now. 
The brown was just, so plain to me. 

 My flower beds look great in these two pictures. These were from a year ago when My Mom and Jason's Mom helped me "beautify" my flower beds. Read about that day: here
This past week, I finally made the time to get it done. 
That was after sweet, Mrs. Emily Lehr, helped me find the perfect color that would best compliment the house and be a true improvement. 
I spent about 2-3 weeks with 3 different colored shutters while we found the perfect one. 
I know my neighbors were happy to see the tri-colored shutters become more uniformed!
During my "trial" phase--my tri-colored shutters with my still brown door.

Mom and I burned up, killed our backs, and got so tired of painting...but we got it done!
FYI, painting shutters, is a big.ole.pain. (in case you didn't already know that).
Each of those little slats is like, a mean little, too skinny for your paint brush, punishment.
In case you REALLY love the color and want to use it for one of your own home improvement projects, the color we ended up using was a Sherwin Williams color from their Earth Elements line called "Cool Vista"
We didn't prime the shutters (although we probably should have) and it took us 2 coats (3 on some of them that were being stubborn). 
I knew I would love the color change, but I don't think I could have anticipated just how much I would love it. I am SO pleased with how it all turned out and the door being painted really made it and brought it all together. I LOVE it!





I am giddy each time I pull in the driveway these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment