Sunday, August 9, 2015

Cilantro Garlic Lime Chicken with Zucchini Noodles

Jason and I really liked this dish. It was not only delicious but tasted really fresh. 
The recipe originally comes from here. We've started doing the Whole30 so we've been trying all new kinds of recipes around here and this one topped the charts tonight. 

Cilantro Garlic Lime Chicken with Zucchini Noodles

What you need:
1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 1 inch pieces
4 large zucchini made into noodles (I use this AMAZING zoodle--it's my new favorite kitchen tool--I promise it will be the best $13 you've ever spent) some use a potato slicer, too. 
1-2 jalapeños deseeded and diced
1 & 1/2 limes, juiced
1 cup, chopped, fresh cilantro
1 heaping tablespoon of taco seasoning (or 1/2 tablespoon of both cumin & chili powder)--I did the cumin and chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt (which I didn't have so I did 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. 
Non-stick cooking spray (avocado spray)--I didn't have so we used coconut oil
salt and pepper to taste

What you do:
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray (or coconut oil). 
Heat the skillet to medium-high heat; then add the diced chicken breast & chopped jalapeño. 
Season with taco seasoning (or mixture of cumin & chili powder) along with the garlic salt.  
Cook until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through. 
Once cooked through, transfer the chicken to a separate dish; set aside. I put it in a mixing bowl and placed a plate on top of it (like a lid) to keep it warm. 
In the original recipe, she suggests to wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and then use it again--I didn't wipe it clean, I just kept going. 
Spray with cooking spray (or add more coconut oil) and turn the heat back to medium-high. 
Add the zucchini noodles, dust them with salt, and cook for 1-2 minutes--stirring continually. 
Add the chicken back to the skillet. 
Sprinkle in the chopped cilantro and add in the lime juice. 
Remove from the heat and toss to combine thoroughly (I couldn't toss, because there was a good bit of liquid in my pan--which was fine and actually added a good bit of flavor!) I just stirred and stirred. 
Season with salt and pepper.
Go and make your tummy happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment