Sunday, August 16, 2015

Moon River Music Festival--Round 2

My birthday gift this year was tickets to the Moon River Music Festival in Memphis that's put on by Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors. 
We went last year and it was so much fun! This year was even better--more well known bands, more vendors, and a lot more people! It was a PACKED HOUSE compared to last year--they sold out the day of the festival. The Levitt Shell is such a cool venue, especially at night. Fun fact that we learned: The Levitt Shell is recognized as the site of Elvis Presley’s first professional rock-n-roll show--how cool is that? 
The line up was incredible:
Drew & Ellie kicked it off
Myla Smith
Cereus Bright (one of my new favorites)
Stephen Kellogg
Colony House
Judah & The Lion
Switchfoot
Needtobreathe
Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors

It was hot, hot, hot but I was loving it. 
I was so impressed with Switchfoot and Needtobreathe--both bands that I've heard multiple times (through radio or live) but there was something about last night--they were both on fire.  
They both blew. me. away. 
There was this amazing moment that gives me chills even now when Needtobreathe was performing their song "Multiplied" & ALL these people, gathered in this sold out, packed out, outdoor venue were singing at the top of their lungs and/or hearing these words:

"Your love is like radiant diamonds
Bursting inside us we cannot contain
Your love will surely come find us
Like blazing wild fires singing Your name

God of mercy sweet love of mine
I have surrendered to Your design
May this offering stretch across the skies
And these Halleluiahs be multiplied"

The whole song is those lines repeated over and over. 
Imagine that.
Chills, I know. 
God is so mighty and I am so thankful that He uses peoples talents to glorify Him. 



It was a great weekend. 
Here's to hoping that next year's Moon River Festival is just as amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment