Friday, July 24, 2015

Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies

My goodness, It's almost been a month since I've last posted!
I've finally had the time to recuperate from all of our busyness this summer. 

I think I'll ease back in with a recipe for you all. 

These cookies were a last minute (great) decision--I chose them because we had all the ingredients on hand & I realized I needed something sweet for a get together we were having that evening!
They were awesome--not too sweet but just the right ending to top off our meal. 

I found the recipe in our "Primal Cravings" cookbook. 
Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
What you need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons finely ground coffee
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips

What you do:
Preheat oven to 375.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 
Whisk together salt, coffee grounds, tapioca flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. 
Set aside. 
Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment for about 2 minutes, until fluffy. 
Then, beat in the egg and egg yolk, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. 
Turn the mixer down to low and slowly add the dry ingredients until combined. 
Fold in the chocolate chips. 
Drop by rounded teaspoon at least 2 inches apart on baking sheet. 
Bake for 12-15 minutes. 
Cool on sheet before removing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment