Monday, May 25, 2015

Our Guest Room

It's been too long since I've been able to do one of these posts--over a year too long!

Today, my sweet mother and I (along with Jason) tackled a project I've been DYING to do. It's also been one of Jason's only requests as far as the house and it's decor has gone. 

We finally, FINALLY completed the guest bedroom!

The hold up? THESE DARK, DARK, BROWN DRESSERS that I for some reason, wanted painted DARK, DARK, BROWN when I was in college. I know, what was I thinking. I won't even tell you what Jason calls the color--I'm sure you can guess. 

So, without further ado, check out my new, favorite room in the house ;)

The dreaded "before" pictures


 You can see why I love these pieces--they are solid wood and have SO MUCH SPACE in the drawers. They are awesome. But, they needed a change. 

You can see in this picture what the knobs used to look like:

 It is AMAZING what paint, an electric sander, new knobs, new lamps, and really good company can do. 
 Here, we added a new lamp (got rid of the one that didn't match, at all) and also painted the corner shelves distressed white

 The chest with a new paint job and pretty new knobs!
 The biggie! Fresh paint, new knobs, and a pretty awesome lamp. 





One thing marked off my "summer to-do" list now and I am a happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment