Friday, September 26, 2014

Happy Music Midtown To Me

I finally got to experience my birthday present this past weekend! 
Jason and I made the (almost) 6 hour drive to Atlanta for Music Midtown.
It was crowded, loud, dirty, beautiful weather, crazy lines, down right amazing, and all I expected!
If you know me, then you know how much I love John Mayer. He is my all-time favorite musician, hands down. I am always on the look out for where he's performing and that's how I stumbled across Music Midtown. Then, when I started looking, I KNEW we had to go. Musicians like: John Mayer, Lorde, Bastille, Lana Del Ray, Needtobreathe, Eminem, Jack White, Zac Brown Band, Iggy, and many more.
It was stacked. 
So, I didn't want to tote my large camera around these 2 days since we were going to be in this huge crowd for hours upon hours and you never know what the weather is going to be like--so all I have are iPhone pictures and videos--a lot more videos than pictures for once!
It's hard to get a good picture when you've been in the car for over 5 hours, had a lot of coffee to ensure you stay up past your "teacher bedtime", walked--a lot, and fought through huge crowds...but, here we are! Ready to hear some amazing music

We got the to festival sometime after Iggy had already started and we walked up to her stage...and I, of course, couldn't even see the stage. It was PACKED. Just a small taste of the vastness of what we were walking into that evening. So, we stood for a song then made our way over to where Lorde was performing so that we could claim a good spot. 

Lorde
She was AMAZING! My second favorite of the whole festival. If you ever have the chance to see her live, do yourself a favor and go! 



My all time favorite! He NEVER disappoints, ever. John Mayer ladies and gentlemen. 





Day 2: a much anticipated and successful trip to Trader Joe's. Delicious lunch at Tap. And another full day of wonderful music. 

When in Atlanta, one must get beer that's brewed in Atlanta
My man is so handsome! Thank you for the perfect birthday gift, you know me all too well!

Needtobreathe--my first time seeing them live
Bastille--definitely my favorite of Day 2!


I know this one is blurry---that's because this is the absolute closest that we could get to Eminem. It was OUTRAGEOUS the amount of people that were there to watch him. People climbing trees, people on shoulders, on rails, it was absurd. 

We had such a fun time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment