Sunday, September 7, 2014

Good Things

Sometimes it's the little things...
and this past week I had a lot of the little things happen and I am quite thankful!

My kids were in the newspaper (The Weekly Leader) and it was awesome. 

 These beautiful skies on Monday evening
We have the perfect view from our backyard
I don't think it will ever get old!

Sweet potatoes, another thing I will never grow tired of (especially when cinnamon is involved)
Not really a little thing--but a pretty HUGE THING! 
We found this lady's wedding dress and it. is. stunning. (to say the least)
It was such a fun afternoon. 
Come on December 20th! 
 Trying out my hand at being a barista (only in my home)
Homemade chai tea lattes, with a little cinnamon art to top it off. 
I haven't perfected them yet, but I'm getting close!
My Dad's sermon this morning really spoke to my heart. 
He's doing a series on the Lord's prayer and today's portion was 
"As we also have forgiven our debtors"
and man...there's one thing that he said that struck a cord. 
When we forgive someone, truly forgive them, we absorb the debt that they owe us. 
We take the hurt and the repercussions and we handle them, we take it, they are fully forgiven. 
When we stop to think about that...we might find ourselves thinking "...Well that's not fair. They did wrong to me, and they are off the hook and I am going to deal with what they caused" It's kinda hard to believe that that's what we get for forgiving. For doing The Lord's will and forgiving those who have caused us pain and now have a debt to us. Crazy right? 
Who else has done that? Who has done the specifically for me?
Jesus absorded ALL of my "sin debt" and suffered for every. single. bit of it.
How can we think we don't deserve to suffer?

I know right?
Whew! 
Thank you Jesus for YOUR forgiveness of my nasty, nasty, debts. 

And ending my night finishing up this book--which has turned out to be really good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment