Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ellie Holcomb

Saying that this past Sunday evening was one for the books would be the understatement of the year. 
If you're wondering what went on Sunday night--then you missed something pretty phenomenal. 
It was Ellie Holcomb, in concert, at our church and it. was. amazing. 

I knew I loved her music & her voice. 
But, there's something about hearing a singer/songwriter tell about their songs that makes them mean so much more. To know where a person's heart is while writing is such an intimate thing, and she shared that with us all. It was sweet. I had chills the entire night, tears in my eyes a few times, a big goofy smile plastered across my face the rest of the time. Like I said, it was amazing!

If you don't know who Ellie Holcomb is, I've got you covered. 
Here's a quick tid bit about this lovely lady--who happens to love Jesus, a lot--and also happens to be mega-talented and pretty hilarious. 
 I was going to share some of my videos from the night, but I'm having some technical difficulties for some reason! This will just have to do:
This one is my favorite & her explanation of it made me love it even more so. I know I'll mess up what she said exactly, so I will just try to summarize. No matter what, no matter how bad, you can always end your day knowing that tomorrow, the sun will rise. And as her song says: "As sure as the sun will rise, and chase away the night, His mercy will not end. His mercy will not end". It's a promise. It's something we can cling to and hope for, always. 

Thank you Jesus. 

So here we've got this mega-talented, God loving woman, who sings like no other---and to top it all off, she is so nice. I know, I know, we've heard it all before--but she really was. We all had the best night getting to meet her, talk to her, and fellowship with her. You know I was having a good time because this teacher here, who's usually in bed by 9:00, didn't even get home until about 10:00!
 As a music lover, I am so thankful for these musicians who use their God-given talents to glorify Him in their lives. I was blown away by the fact that every bit of her music is either scripture based or to her husband, who she is happily married to--which is one of the most precious ways to show God's love to another person here on this earth. 
May The Lord continue to bless her as she keeps praising, thanking, and relying on Him with her music and may she know what a true gift it is to those she shares it with. 

(On a side note, I stumbled upon a blog that she does that actually has some of the song meanings posted on there--check that out here)

No comments:

Post a Comment