Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Schlesinger's Wedding

Last weekend, Jason and I had the privilege of attending all sorts of events celebrating the marriage of one of my closest friends, Whitney, to her long time man, Max. 
It was such an amazing weekend full of laughs, quality time, and sweet reminders of the Lord's love and grace for His people. 
It was the first wedding I've been in for years and I forgot how much fun it is being "behind the scenes" of everything--(as I like to call it). 

I am so thankful and blessed by my friendship with Whitney and it was an absolute joy to be around for this most important day in her life. It was so perfect! 

Whitney and the Bridesmaids at her couple's shower
On her Bachelorette Trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas!
Bachelorette Trip
Her bow bouquet 

The Bridesmaids' Luncheon


All the bridesmaids--I had so much fun with these ladies
Of course, getting our nails and toes done!

Rehearsal--and my handsome date :) 
Absolutely beautifully decorated! 

All crying messes--bless us! 
Beautiful, beautiful bride! 
The best man there ever was!
With Jason and I getting married soon, we've been reading "The Meaning for Marriage" by Tim Keller and there is endless, wonderful, information/stories/scriptures that he shares and it was so fun getting to share those little bits of insight with Whitney. It was so sweet getting to pray over her and Max's new family, and it was such a great reminder of The Ultimate Bridegroom and what life is really all about.


I am forever thankful and singing praises to The Lord that He gives His grace to two sinners and allows them to enter into this covenant relationship and through that, coming to a deeper and sweeter understanding of the gospel and how He loves us. It's a beautiful thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment