Monday, September 9, 2013

Honey Do's

We've been home owners for over 4 months now
Jason's been living the life in the house---which will not be a home for another 75 days (until I can get myself in there!) and the days that I have been over, we've been slowly doing some decorating! 
Jason has been more than gracious by giving me an outlet to "woman up" the house some. 

Here are a few pictures of some "updates" we did before the summer. 

Task #1, the guest bathroom
(all the before pictures are from when the previous owner still had it on the market--not our decorations! but they give you a good picture of the room colors before Jason painted)

 
We wanted to get rid of the wall paper and paint the bathroom a solid color. 
Removing wall paper is a HORRENDOUS task and it took us forever. Yuck. We used a steamer which alleviated some of the labor but it was some serious business. 

in the process of painting, which was much better than removing the wall paper. 

and our finished (well, almost finished) product--we lack some of the pictures/art work I want to hang on the walls.

We also found an awesome kitchen table on Craigslist for an even better price
Our "ellis" mugs--from Anthropologie 
my cousins so happened to be moving and could no longer use my grandparents old dining room table and china cabinet set (perfect timing or what?) We are so thankful for Jonathan and Kim thinking of us when they realized they weren't going to be able to use the table any longer
We also found the winning entertainment center. 
 Complete with my Gary Walter's paintings and all
Now, I have to take a second to brag on Jason and something really, spectacularly (is that even a word?), wonderful that he did for me while I was gone the month of June. 
He took it upon himself to have a little "honey do" list for things around the house. I Skyped him one day while in California and he's painting--one of the 4 rooms we had picked out paint for! This was something we had planned to do when I got back together BUT, he surprised me and was doing it all! I was beside myself and so thankful for such a sweet, thoughtful fiancĂ©.  
 The living room was this bright, pineapple yellow color that neither of us liked too much and now we have ourselves a grayish, taupe color that's rather neutral and allows for our own "touches" of decoration.
Sorry, this is the best picture I have right now showing the living room color. 
The master bedroom was this bright, coral color that Jason did not like, at all! So now...

 it's a nice, light gray that will compliment our new bed spread we'll have once we're married perfectly!
and on to the master bathroom which was wearing the same terrible wall paper as the guest bathroom was and my sweet man took, days on days to remove all of the wall paper and paint it a lovely light sea foam color. It is beautiful and looks so big and clean!

 and after

My fiancé is something special. I am so blessed and so thankful to have such a thoughtful man to love for the rest of my life! All of this painting was so helpful and so appreciated!

And now, our most recent updates:
Our amazing, new recliner. Not only is it a beautiful gray leather that matches the colors in our living room perfectly, it fits BOTH OF US IN IT! 
 Our new lamp and one of the new couch pillows--both courtesy of TJ Max--one of my favorite stores
 Another view, with our new curtains added in as well. 
 and my personal favorite--the curtains in the foyer! They look so pretty and really added a "homey" look to the house. Jason's mom's painting looks perfect there as well! 
 to close it up, a panoramic shot of our, almost complete living room that I am so proud of! 

I promise to do better with my posts from here on out! Hopefully the 422 updates will keep coming! There's a lot of things to do to make this house into a home in 75 short days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment