Monday, September 9, 2013

RYM-"Reign of Grace"...2 months late!

This post is well over 2 months late and I hate I waited for so long! Poo on my and my blogging, or lack there of! But nonetheless, here it is for you all!

The 2nd week in July,  Jason and I were chaperones for our youth group and their trip to RYM (if you've never heard of it, click the link)--and it was A GREAT WEEK! We both enjoyed the week so incredibly much. Jason had 8 boys in his room and Mom and I had all the girls in one room. 
On the  bus on the way down 
The theme of the week was "The Reign of Grace" and I feel like we couldn't have asked for a better theme! I believe that grace is such a hard concept for a lot of people to understand. I know that I find myself STILL being amazed and left in awe of the grace that God shows me every. single. day. Needless to say, I was so thankful that our youth, and myself was able to spend a week doing nothing but focusing on God's intense love and grace that He shows His people.  
Elbert McGowan, the RUF minister at Jackson State University was the main speaker and he was PHENOMENAL! 

Here are some pictures to sum up the week for you all! 
Gaga Ball

Some of my girlies waiting for lunch


Jason and his boys for the week. 
I love dis picture :) 
Doing a little crab catching one night
One night at RYM, our group dresses up to go out to eat. We have ourselves from L to R: Jo (from little Women), Madison, a hippie, a cow girl, another cow girl and a hippie!
Panama Jack and Hippie Ellen 




It was a great week and we loved being chaperones together! Getting to know all these youth and where their hearts are and seeing their love for The Lord was so exciting.

My hope is that many seeds were planted that week and I know that my God is faithful to complete the work that He's started!

No comments:

Post a Comment