Saturday, April 10, 2021

Snow/Ice Week (2/15-19)

I'm almost two months late but, here I am--recapping the snow/ice apocalypse that happened in February. 

Who knew when they said we were getting snow in mid-February that we would be iced in and have a week of virtual school? Better yet, who would have thought that would happen in Mississippi nonetheless!

It happened to be Valentine's Day weekend and thankfully, we were able to have a nice brunch out before things became dangerous. 
We went to The Manship and it was delicious! There brunch is so, so yummy and most definitely worth trying out if you haven't been there before. 
It's become a tradition of ours to take a polaroid during each snow day--I love the tradition and love looking back and each fun, beautiful snow day we've had. 
Also, can we talk about how stunning this quilt coat is? I had not even dreamed of a quilt coat until I saw a friend get one and I was taken with how unique and pretty they were! I decided to treat myself and get one when I laid my eyes on this beautiful, bright, fun quilt. I got it through 1000 Years and she was wonderful to work with. She was incredibly easy to work work, quick to respond, and was able to make the measurements exactly how I needed them. I was so pleased with the coat and will cherish it forever, and ever! Also, isn't she so pretty in the snow?


Papa Steve having to use the green screen for Sunday Morning

Let's not forget how cute nieces and nephews are in the the snow! I love, love, love getting pictures of them during such fun experiences for them. 


We ended up having to have a few days of virtual school due to the conditions. I read a few books about snow, ice, snow days for my kiddos on top of their work load. 

Can you believe this sunset? So beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment