Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Anniversary Day Trippin'

I love Thanksgiving Break for many reasons. 
Being teachers, we have the entire week off and naturally, when wedding planning, we planned it that way so that we could always do something fun throughout the week to celebrate our anniversary. 
This year, our actual anniversary falls on Thanksgiving Day so we planned a day trip to New Orleans yesterday to celebrate a few days early! 
 We started off the morning with our favorite pastry/breakfast place, Croissant D'or Patisserie
You can see from the pictures--it is just a beautiful place--both architecturally and with their food presentation.

All of those beautiful pastries and desserts but, we come for the almond croissant. It is so delicious and unlike anything I've had anywhere around here. We always make a point to stop here when in New Orleans. 
Another thing that we do each time we are in New Orleans is stop by "our tree". 
Jason proposed to me in New Orleans in Jackson Square at this tree and we make it a point to stop there and get a picture of ourselves at "our tree". It's always fun to look back at these pictures and see how we've changed and grown over the years. 

 We've been to New Orleans countless times and I'm fairly certain I will never get over all of the houses and buildings. I absolutely love it. 

 Another must-have for us when we're in New Orleans is a muffuletta from Central Grocery. If you've never had one, it's simply a must. 



We ended the day at Three Muses. 
I ate there for the first time (I think) almost 2 1/2 years ago and I just remember thinking it was some of the most creative and delicious food I've ever had. 

 And I am happy to say...I remembered correctly. 
 I'm stealing these descriptions straight from the menu because you guys have to see just how creative their food choices are. The first thing we got was the Beer-Braised Kurobuta Pork Belly that included apple chutney and scallion pancakes.
 Italian Baked Mac & Cheese--creamy cheese sauce, herbed bread crumbs
 Two Run Farms Lamb Sliders--seasoned lamb and pork, tomato chutney, herbed goat cheese, housemade potato chips.
We ended our meal with their homemade key lime pie. Look at the presentation--so pretty!

I'm not sure I can eat anywhere else when I go to New Orleans because of how much I love this restaurant.


By the time we got home, our feet were tired, our bellies were (way, wayyyy too) full, our eyes were tired, but, our hearts were happy. I am so very thankful to have celebrated another anniversary with Jason and thankful to The Lord for 4 years of marriage with him. Here's to many more years of being gracious to one another, learning from one another, and loving one another. 

I will leave you with this picture from (almost) 1,460 days ago
My man is so handsome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment