Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Full Armor 5K & Mama Carol's Birthday (2/25)

One of my goals for 2017 was to run a 5K. 
I ran during college and I really enjoyed it so, I committed myself to pick it back up this year. 
Mary Claire helped me solidify my commitment and we signed up for a race together--much earlier than I actually wanted to sign up for one but, there's no motivation better than running out of time! 

I slowly increased my distance and 2 days before, I was able to run 2.5 miles. I told Mary Claire that I felt like I would be able to spit out the last .6 miles the day of. 

It was a beautiful, very, very cold February morning and I'm happy to say...we did it. 
My goal when running a race is simply to run the whole thing. 
Sure, I'd love to increase my time...one day. 
But right now, it's just to finish the entirety of it without walking. 
 The race was held at Reservoir Overlook Park and it was beautiful. 

 This particular race was in support of Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) which is "a Bible-centered organization whose purpose is to tell boys and girls of the Gospel of Jesus and to establish them in the Word and in a local church. "

We celebrated my Mom's birthday dinner that evening and we had a big time telling everyone that we finished 3rd and 4th...out of all 6 women that ran ;)

It's so fun, now that we're all grown and married, to host/help host a dinner to celebrate Mom and her birthday. We all get together, each cook a dish and enjoy each other's company all night. 
This appetizer was to die for.


Y'all...this game is hilarious. 
I wish I could post all of the videos but we are entirely too loud and obnoxious in them ;)
Let me just say this, Papa Steve can KILL IT at this game...and you better "Watch Ya Mouth"!

No comments:

Post a Comment