Monday, January 19, 2015

What I'm Loving Right Now

2015 has been a nice and easy transition. I am loving it.
We're off work today, celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. Day and I am quite thankful.

Here's a few things that I'm loving right now:

Gossip Girl--you can find them all on Netflix
I started (re)watching this show from episode 1 and it's just as addicting as it was the first time around. I've yet to see the final season so I am binge watching due to the fact I haven't seen all these "new to me" episodes. It's my guilty pleasure. 

Our New Gym
Jason and I joined The Club at Crossgates the week of Thanksgiving and we love it!
With our new gym comes one of the things that I'm really, really loving...

Yoga
Well, more so Yogalaties because that's what's offered at The Club.
I am obsessed. I love it.
Our instructor is great--she is so helpful.
I feel so good and I feel so many changes. It's awesome.
We bought some things to where we can practice Yoga at home now as well. It's about to become a staple in the Ellis household. 

The fact my hair is growing
The moment I cut my hair in May, I wished I hadn't.
Cue the biotin and I'm finally able to wear it down again!
Praises. 

Our New Daybed and Desk
For Christmas, Jason and I got a desk and it's amazing.
The nerd in me couldn't be happier with how our little office is coming together!
We also got an AMAZING daybed that I've had my eye on for literal years now. I am a happy, happy girl. Our newest room will have a post of it's own as soon as it's complete. 

My Mother
I am always loving and thankful for my mother. She gives, gives, gives, and helps, helps, helps, and I can only hope to be more like her. She is the most selfless person that I know. She's amazing & I love her dearly. She's making my pillows for our daybed and they will be beautifully amazing.

The Perfect Popcorn
I love, LOVE popcorn and sadly, it's one of those foods that we choose not to eat because of how processed it is. But lo and behold, this is where Whole Foods comes in! We found some organic kernels and I found The "PERFECT popcorn" recipe HERE. Thank you Simply Recipes, it really is perfect. By the way, I'm not saying it's healthy--it's whole though, not processed and I know where it all came from & I can eat it feeling good about that.

What you need:
3-4 quart pot with lid
1/3 cup Organic Popcorn Kernels
 (we got a huge bag from Whole Foods for a little over $3)
3 tbsp of coconut oil
(peanut or canola work as well but coconut is the healthiest)
1 tbsp of butter (or more to taste) this is of course optional
Salt to taste

What you do:
Heat the oil in the pot on medium-high heat.
If you are using the coconut oil, allow the solid oil to melt.
I add some salt at this point.
Put 3 or 4 kernels in the pot into to oil with the lid on.
When those 3-4 kernels pop, add the rest of the 1/3 cup of kernels in an even layer.
Cover, then remove from the heat and count 30 seconds.
Once your 30 seconds are up, return the pan to the heat--the popcorn should begin popping soon and all at once.
Once it's popping consistently, be sure to shake the pot around a bit.
On Simply Recipes, she suggests keeping the lid a bit open where the steam can escape--she said it keeps it crisp and dry.
Once the popping slows, remove from the heat and pour into a bowl.
Then, if you choose to use butter, you can easily melt it in the now empty, but hot pan.
Pour butter onto popcorn and then I use the lid from the pot to cover the popcorn and shake it all around to get it good and buttery.

I will never go back to any other way of having my popcorn.
In fact, I've had it two times in the past two days.

My Q&A a Day Book
I love this little gem. I am a stickler for anything like this.
Year two has began for me.

My Husband 
The deepest part of what I'm loving right now, my Jason. I love this dear man. I am so thankful that The Lord gave me this sweet, sweet man. I can't even skim the surface of the many reasons I love him. I am DEFINITELY loving him right now, and every day that follows.

Think about what you love right now and appreciate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment