Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2014, You Were Amazing.

2014 was full of a lot of "firsts" for me as a married woman.
It was a really great year and I am actually a little sad to see it go but so thankful for all that I experienced and all that The Lord taught me. He uses every bit of our lives.

In typical fashion, here's a picture of some of the "bigger" things that happened to us in 2014.

January:

Our first time to celebrate New Year's Eve as a married couple.
 One of my longest time friends got married. She and I are the same age and so are our little sisters.
This is about 15 years of friendship right here.

Our first snow day in our home and the beginning of watching all the seasons of LOST
February:
Our first "married" Valentine's Day that we spent being very low key by going to our favorite authentic Mexican restaurant. 

March:
 Family wedding of Sarah and Brandon in Birmingham

and the sadness of my Grandfather passing away that same day.
Jason also took his first trip to Starkville

April:
Another family wedding for Emmy & Brian in Atlanta

May:
Aaron and Blair FINALLY got engaged ;)


 Along with our other besties, Melissa & Ian

Their engagement was also mine & Mary Claire's first time to take pictures of the actual proposal! It was nerve-racking beyond belief

I also chopped off all of my hair for Beautiful Lengths--which now, months later, I can't wait for it to grow back!
 Mary Claire went to Ethiopia and I got 36 people to write her letters to open while she was over there.
June:
 Jason and I accompanied my parents to their first ever music festival in Memphis. It was scorching hot and wonderful.

My first time for the Douglas/Ellis/Barnes Father's Day trip to Ship Island
Long time friend also had her first baby, Ms. Charley Adalynn Day! Our first baby to welcome to the group.
July:
Jason came on his first Griswold Family Beach Trip


August:

I began my 3rd year of teaching, Jason his 4th.

I got to meet one of my favorite singer/songwriters. 
Mary Claire & Grant got engaged
September:
Jason & I celebrated my birthday (or better yet, used my birthday gift) and spent the weekend in Atlanta for Music Midtown where I saw some of my favorite musicians perform. Not to mention, my 3rd time seeing my ALL TIME favorite, John Mayer.

October:
 We went to New Orleans as part of Jason's birthday celebration--the Louisiana Seafood Festival & Family made for a pretty amazing weekend.

 Our 2nd Annual BYOP
Yes, that's a power tool
All the pumpkin flavored food

We had our Reformation Celebration at church where we were "Waldette" and Agent Smith 

November:
We celebrated our 1 year anniversary in our favorite city, New Orleans
We saw Phantom of the Opera and ate a lot of delicious food

We heard Tim Keller preach at First Presbyterian Jackson

I planned my first Bachelorette Party as a Matron of Honor for Mary Claire



After my little afternoon yoga for Mary Claire's bachelorette, Jason and I joined The Club where we started doing Yogalaties on Tuesdays and Thursdays--I LOVE it.

I had my first Thanksgiving with almost all of Jason's family 

December :

We sang in our first christmas cantata at LPC 

 Mary Claire and Grant got married!



We ended the year at one of the most fun weddings we've ever been to! Dani & Neil got married on New Years Eve and it was awesome. 





What better way to end 2014 than with my husband and family? It was amazing.

Here's to 2015 and the great times to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment