Thursday, November 6, 2014

Weddings, Reformation Celebrations & Weekends

Forewarning, this is a bit of a "photo dump" post.
We had a jam packed weekend last weekend and this week has followed suit as well. 
Celebrating Chelsey and Lee's marriage with my handsome groom
Isn't this sunset unreal?
This was at their reception. It was absolutely breathtaking. 

We had our Reformation Celebration at church Sunday evening (10/26)
This is one of my favorite church events of the year.  I love all the kiddos dressing up, learning about the Reformation and what exactly that means for the foundation of our church. 
Agent Smith (from the Matrix) and Wald"ette" 
Our "in town" grandparents--looking pretty spiffy in their costumes!
These tacky tourist--or honeymooners seeing as how their wedding is just in 48 short days!
Ms. Gypsy

We had Red Ribbon Week at school this previous week.
I love Red Ribbon Week! The kids get to dress up every day and I love seeing their little personalities come out in the clothing they choose (they wear uniforms regularly). Everyone wore red on Monday, Crazy Socks on Tuesday, Favorite Team Jersey on Wednesday, Camouflage on Thursday, and then Career Day was Friday.
On Career Day they kiddos got to dress up like what they want to be when they grow up. Only two of my 5 dressed up. But, I had a lawyer and an engineer! They spend the morning going around and hearing different speakers that represent different careers. We heard a teacher, dentist, the mayor, an artist, a nurse, fireman, policeman, a helicopter medic team, a deaf educator, and a navy officer.

I also got a new student this past week! We're up to 5 now.

To top off last week, one of my kiddos asked me why I had my glasses on. I told him my contacts were bothering me so I needed to wear my glasses instead. He then proceeded to tell me that his contacts were bothering him as well (which of course he doesn't wear). He kept saying that the rest of the day. He's quite the character! Well, Monday comes around and in he walks, with his (fake) glasses on, yelling, "Mrs. Ellis, I'm wearing my glasses because my contacts were bothering me!" with the biggest smile on his face. It was the funniest thing & I wish I could post the picture of us matching in our glasses.
And while we are on the subject of school. The art teacher at our school chose my class, along with a few others, to decorate pumpkins to be displayed at the Pearl Fall Festival this past Saturday. We were honored!
Almond Butter Pancakes (Grain Free)
What you need:
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (the little prepackaged cups are 1/2 cup)
2 whole eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

What you do:
The original recipe calls for baking these bad boys--we did that the first time and found out quickly that we prefer them in the skillet, like you would do "normal" pancakes

Mix all the ingredients together until smooth

Fully preheat your skillet and then cook the pancakes on medium heat for 1:30 on one side and then about 45 seconds on the other.

These bad boys are DELICIOUS!


Here's to another weekend quickly approaching us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment