Monday, June 2, 2014

Throwback (C4L Internship)

A year ago today,  Jason and my family were taking me to the airport to make my cross country flight to LAX in California and make my way to Agoura Hill to the Joni and Friends International Disability Center to intern with them for the month of June. 
At the Joni & Friends International Disability Center
Beautiful, beautiful hike we did one evening
Mrs. Joni Eareckson Tada 
Mission Springs Joni & Friends Family Retreat
 Waiting on our campers
 My little dude and I at the Barnyard Dance
These ladies were life changing. I am so thankful for them and the lasting friendship we all made. 

 In Haiti with our translators







Here's the link to the blog I kept while interning last summer (http://happeningsinhaiti.blogspot.com) I can never fully express how much I learned and how God used those experiences in a mighty way. Spending time learning what His word says about individuals with disabilities and how we are to love them all the same and even more so, how He loves and cares for them. Spending time in Mission Springs at the Joni & Friends Family Retreat where I was stretched more than I could have ever imagined but saw so much love and received so much gratitude from the parents of those individuals. Spending time in Haiti, with people who love the same God we do and praise His name in a way like I've never seen before. God is so good and I am so thankful that He chose my heart to love people affected by disabilities. 

I saw a post on Facebook today for the Joni & Friends page and the new C4L interns have arrived! This will be an amazing month for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment