Monday, April 14, 2014

The Mondays

Usually when people talk about "The Mondays" it's with negativity.  
Today, I'm trying to alter that connotation. 

Here's the things I love about today:
Not having to use my heating blanket to sleep anymore (come on Spring!)
Waking up to the sound of rain.
Our daily bible reading to start off our mornings. 
The way one of my student's made fun of my rain boots, all day. He literally showed them to everyone we passed and then would cover his mouth and giggle. They aren't that bad, I promise!
Another one of my student's earned so many "good behavior beads" over the last few school days that she made a necklace AND a bracelet, she was so proud and so was I.
Bumping into my hubby in the hall, he was looking MIGHTY HANDSOME TODAY!
Realizing how close my assistants and I are and taking comfort in knowing that we each pray for one another as life's trials come our way. 
Finally making it back to the gym after an unplanned week off.
The end of pollen season being in sight! 
Planning for teaching ESY (summer school) for my first time ever! I am so looking forward to a new experience and ways to broaden my teaching skills. 
Coming home and seeing that the garbage men actually left the can in the yard this time rather than the street!
Finding my newest Erin Condren notepads in the mail! Aren't they awesome
Finding all the seasons of "Saved By The Bell" on Netflix
How awesome the current book I'm reading is--"Joni & Ken" by Ken and Joni Eareckson Tada. I'm only 30 pages in and I've underlined half of it. 
Coming home to a clean house!
Getting a  little color back to my skin--goodbye pasty face!
My bubble bath. 
This delicious dinner: Lemon Peppered Salmon over salad
Knowing that we only have a 4 day work week this week.
The fact that Easter is Sunday!
Getting pictures of Chester from my mom and silly texts from my Dad. Never a dull moment with those two. 
Getting to just sit and relax with the love of my life. 
Catching up on a few TV shows. 
The chamomile tea with honey I will be having here shortly. 
It's the little things people, it really is!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Monday!
Let's get rid of this negativity associated with this day and think about one thing that made today great for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment