Monday, April 15, 2013

One Month and Counting...

It's been one month and one day since that sweet day in March when I became Jason's fiancĂ© (no, I don't get tired of hearing or saying that)! 
What a joyous day that was and all the days that have followed. 
As I reflect back on that day, which I have often, I feel so incredibly blessed. 
The Lord is so good and I have seen so much of His hand in our relationship--from us both being special education teachers (which we probably would have never met otherwise), to how we met, to so much of our interests, and above all else our desire to serve Him before anything else, and all of the other little odds and ends in our lives that seem to mesh together so well. 
His promises ring so true when you love and trust Him. 
I am gaining an outstandingly amazing, soon-to-be husband and I couldn't be more thankful for this sweet, sweet blessing the Lord has shared with me! 
I am overjoyed. 

We continually feel like the next 7 months, 1 week, 0 days, and 18 hours will never come to pass--even though everyone keeps telling us otherwise. Hopefully we will make it to the "down hill" sooner than it feels like! 

Come on November 23rd! 

In the meantime, we have gotten so much done!!--drum roll please--we have the church, a reception place, I have a dress and bridesmaids dresses (and cute shoes for us all), we have a caterer, a photographer, we have rehearsal dinner plans, we have pictures to use for save the dates. Needless to say, we really hit the ground running! Which will hopefully mean more "coasting" as our wedding draws nearer! (A girl can hope)

a sweet recap of me telling the girls how Jason proposed
and getting "YESSES" from all my best friends to be a part of our wedding :)
 I am really enjoying wedding planning. 
Although there is much more to do, I can't wait to see the final product of all this time and work. 
I am going to do my best to keep you all updated on our progress and anything of "interest" :)

some of the girls--dress shopping
As for other exciting news... we are closing on OUR HOUSE AT THE END OF THIS MONTH! 
On April 29th, we will be home owners. 
Yep, you read correctly, we already found us a house. 
We had school off Easter Monday and kinda...jokingly wanted to look around with my mom (who's a realtor) and it turned in to a full blown day of house hunting--which turned into another day of house hunting--which then turned into us finding THE HOUSE with all of the little "things" that we, somewhat jokingly, said we wanted in any house we ever bought. 

So, I present to you, what will be our home (well, Jason's 'house' until we're married)
more pictures to come once we've closed and it's officially ours
Once again, the Lord is so good! 

I want to leave you with some fun things we've been doing--since it's been a MONTH since my last post I feel like I have to have something to show for my absence!
Easter Sunday

our sweet new addition to the family 
Jason's parents went on a cruise this first weekend in April so he and I got to visit one of our favorite places again, New Orleans! We, of course, revisited "our spot" in the square where we got engaged and reflected on that sweet moment. New Orleans will forever more hold that special meaning to me. 

We had so much fun enjoying the music, the food, the people, just the cajun culture that we so appreciate. I'll never grow weary of this place.  

you just can't beat that 
this woman can TEAR. IT. UP. 
enjoying cafe du monde

a must when in New Orleans
but, what has quickly become a tradition of ours--going to Croissant D'or for an almond croissant
and some neat interior designs
Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment