Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Big Summer Project

If you've been following along with my Instagram since school ended then you know Jason and I have had some MAJOR updates done to our house. 

Why the updates?
Well...
We had some water damage to our floors and summer proved to be the best time to take them up and have them replaced. 

As with any good house update, you need some before and afters to see just how far you've come! Unfortunately, I didn't do the best job taking before pictures because quite honestly, we hit the ground running the same day that school ended and we went non-stop for a week solid. But, I found a good many before pictures on my phone so, you'll have a good visual! I even found some pictures from when the house was listed for sale online--before it was even ours! BOY! We have made some serious upgrades and I love them. 

Without further ado

This one's an old one but, I wanted it on this post since we're showing so many before and afters. We painted the shutters and the front door 3 years ago and I still love it. 


Next up...the living room!
This one was from before we even moved in. The previous owner--but, it gives you a good idea of the progression of changes
This was about 3 years ago
And now! The only change in this room was the flooring (furniture was changed around 3 years ago).

Next up, the fire place. 
We removed the tile and used the brick to resurface it. We took the wood flooring all the way to the fireplace because it's gas and there's no chance of it popping or getting ash on the floor. 

These next two are of the back door area--they are not good, at all but, this is where the problem began. It's where the water was coming in and the floor was swelling and bubbling. We had already cut a piece out to make sure there wasn't mold under there. 

You can also see how the wood flooring used to go all the way to the back door. 
Because of the water damage, we decided to do somewhat of a built-in brick "rug" at the back door.
I wasn't too sure about it but, I actually like it a lot and am so happy we decided to do it!



I didn't get a picture of the new set up from the same angle but, the only change in the dining area is the flooring. We moved our old kitchen table in there many years ago and finally got some table decor. 

 The foyer used to have tile all over it but now...
 Goodbye tile, hello beautiful flooring and rug! 
I will say, taking up that tile was THE WORST part--it was so difficult and definitely took the longest but, it looks so much better. 

 For some reason, when we painted all of our main rooms when we first moved in, we didn't paint the hallway. So, I went ahead and tackled painting the hallway while everything was in disarray. 
Such a small task but made a big difference. 

I couldn't find a picture of the office before we moved in but, I found some before we added the shelves--which transformed the room.
With the shelves and the old stained floors
and then most recently, all we did was put the wood flooring all throughout the room

We also added a rug to keep the floor protected. 
Not the best before pictures for this room but, it's the only ones I could find. The floor was very poorly stained in this room--so, I was EXTREMELY happy to get this one taken care of. 
The afters with the new flooring put in--excuse all the frames on the bed in the first picture.


and I saved the biggest transformation for last--the guest bathroom--my new favorite room in the house! This first one is from before we ever moved in--from the previous owner and it was wallpaper galore. If you've ever tried to remove wallpaper, then you know what a pain it is. It was one of the first things that we did when moving in--removing the wallpaper. 
Even these next few pictures are a little dated (maybe from 4 years ago or so) but for the most part, it looked similar to these with the green walls--I know, what was I thinking? HA!


We had enough brick to go ahead and do the floors in the bathroom, we painted it, got new light fixtures, new towel rods and some new decor. 

 These gorgeous towels are from HomeGoods and Target--they were exactly what I was looking for.
 You can see the new fixture in this one:

Lastly, the pergola
 We added some roofing to the pergola to keep water from hitting the door in hopes to take yet another preventative measure. Can't wait for a rainy day so we can sit outside, hear the rain falling, and sip coffee. 
I am BEYOND pleased with how everything turned out and I can't wait to spend the rest of the summer enjoying the house. 

Here's to relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment