Sunday, November 11, 2018

Ray LaMontagne 11/6

This is one of the most exciting posts, ever!
Seeing Ray LaMontagne in concert has been on my bucket list for almost 10 years now and IT FINALLY HAPPENED!

We had the busiest week at school this past week and it so happened that this concert was on a work/school night but, every single second of loss sleep was completely worth it. 
Let's talk about this venue first--the MSU Riley Center in Meridian is stunning. It is so nice and the theater portion is quaint and beautiful. I didn't even know this place existed and now, I'm looking for any upcoming shows so I can return. 
We ate dinner at Weidmann's--it's literally across the street from the venue--and it was divine. Another treasure in our state that I didn't know existed (I think I'm one of the few that didn't know about this one--LOL!). Everything we had from the drinks, to the appetizers, down to our entrees and dessert was delicious. It made our date night even more epic than we anticipated.

The Secret Sisters were the opening act. They are actually how I even learned about this show. Thanks to Magnolia Record Club, I've been exposed to their music and therefore, followed them on social media. 
They posted about opening for Ray LaMontagne and in MISSISSIPPI at that--like what?! They are so fantastic--real sisters, great harmonizers, funny story tellers--they were the perfect opener. They also shared that their first tour ever was with Ray back in 2008--really  neat how they circled back to being with him again. 
The mere fact that we were able to see him in concert was enough--but, the icing on the cake is that he played my all-time favorite song(s) (yes, not even just my one favorite, three of them!) I was blissfully happy and so thankful I got to see him--easily, the best concert I've ever been to. 

I don't know if my videos will work or not--but, if they don't... do yourself a favor and give my  top three favorite songs a listen to:
"Jolene", "Like Rock & Roll and Radio" and "Such A Simple Thing"

No comments:

Post a Comment