Saturday, October 31, 2015

3rd Annual BYOP

Another BYOP come and gone! Once again, it was a big success!
Bring Your Own Pumpkin, if you haven't been reading for a while, consists of everyone bringing their own pumpkin for carving along with a pumpkin flavored dish. 
We had pumpkin chili (recipe for the chili found here) along with a pumpkin pie dump cake this year. Both were delicious and perfect for the chilly evening we had! Jason also found Shock Top's Pumpkin Wheat Beer for us to try and it was the perfect drink for the evening!
After the busiest week of school that we've had yet, this is exactly what I needed!

This BYOP also included another first for Jason and I as a married couple--we were actually home for our first night or Trick-or-Treaters! We've always been gone on Halloween and our neighborhood decided to do Halloween last night due to the weather today and it was awesome! We had so much fun seeing all the sweet, fun costumes. We also happened to have a lot of student's from our schools stop by. I love it!
 So, funny/gross story about our pumpkins. Well, my pumpkin. 
I cut the lid off my big ole, jumbo pumpkin and when I looked down in there, I see mold. 
Gross, green mold on some of the seeds in there. 
I figured I'd scoop them out, and all would be well.
As I'm scooping on, what I can best describe as...steam(ish) stuff starts coming out of the top of the pumpkin--mold spores! Just gross, gross, grossness. Naturally, I dumped the pumpkin and Jason pulled through for Team Ellis and carved us an awesome pumpkin.



 Ian, deciding on his masterpiece this year 


 Melissa, working hard!

I love this tradition. 
Here's to many more years of BYOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment