Tuesday, February 24, 2015

This Lady

Another 365 days have passed and here we are again, my sweet Mama's birthday!
Let me start by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
What a year it's been for you--new beginnings with marriage, sad but hopeful endings with deaths, many Griswold travels, family dinners, & many other events and you've handled it all with grace and with that big ole' Carol Jussely smile on your face. As I sit here trying to find the adequate words to express just how much you mean to me and how thankful I am for you, I'm getting all tingly nosed and teary eyed. There is this deep rooted feeling and bond that I have with you and it's something that only The Lord could have planted and helped grow over my 25 years here on earth and for that, I am so incredibly thankful. I pray that you know what a huge blessing you are to my life (and many others). Not every girl can say that they look up to their mother. Not every girl can say that they want to possess many of the qualities that their mother's have. But, I can. 
It's not very often that a daughter thinks of their mother and their position as a wife. You've always been mom--the caretaker, the fixer, the helper, the everything else that you do. But, since being married I've started to think of your position as a wife--as a role model of how a wife should be. I didn't realize until getting married what a gem we Jussely children had in you and Dad. I mean, we knew we loved y'all and how amazing y'all were but, your marriage. When I'm tired of washing dishes, tired of doing the laundry, or feeling like I have some right to grumble about doing housework (or anything for that matter) I think of you and all the years of housework & everything else you've done and I remember that I've NEVER heard you grumble or complain. It's something I strive for. It's just who you are. You are a giver. You give, and give, and give and always show excitement and genuine interest while you're giving. I don't think it will ever stop amazing me. So, I want to thank you for showing me a tiny glimpse of what it's like to be a wife--one who loves The Lord and loves her husband and her family. It's something that is priceless to me. 
 With that being said, something that I've felt lately is the fact that I appreciate my parents, I really do. I try to make sure I always notice & acknowledge all that they do for us because I know what a blessing it is. The small things--like calling me to see how my day is, shooting me a text letting me know they are praying for me, inviting us over to dinner, taking us to lunch. These are the moments y'all. The older I've gotten, the deeper that appreciate for my parents has gotten. Time is fleeting and these relationships are so incredibly precious and I am doing my best to see that, to feel that, to respect that, to love that while it's here for me. 
I could go on and on. 
But I will stop there and just say, if I've said it once, I've said it a million times--I have the best mom & I hope that you have the best birthday and know how deeply loved you are!

1 comment: