Friday, November 8, 2013

BYOP

The week of Halloween, Jason and I decided to have a few people over for our first annual BYOB&P. Not good with acronyms? Bring Your Own Beer & Pumpkin! 
If you know me at all, you know my obsession with everything pumpkin. 
Any pumpkin flavored food, all pumpkin scents, you name it, I love it. It's bad news when the fall season rolls around and all I see are pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice coffee, and pumpkin shaped Reese's' Cups! 

The theme behind our party was obviously, pumpkins. 
We told people to bring a pumpkin (or 2) to carve and then also bring a pumpkin flavored food item. 
Jason and I made pumpkin nut muffins and wait for it....PUMPKIN CHILI!
Which turned out to be absolutely amazing!
My pumpkin muffin ingredients 
annnnnd, the end result! 
Jason's amazing pumpkin chili---that we WILL be making this again this season! 
Melissa's pumpkin cake 
and you can't have BYOB&P without the B--Pumpkin Beer 
and then for the challenge, the competition, the mess, the fun---carving the pumpkins. 


 the final master pieces...




 It's always fun doing things like this to make the holidays feel special. 
Hopefully we've started a tradition that we will carry on through the years ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment